Eating a big, full meal in this scorching heat seems quite a daunting task to many of us, at least it is for me and a lot of my friends and family members. Easy to make snacks and summer drinks are what keep us going in this crazy heat. Here are some delectable and super simple snack recipes for you that you can prepare in just under 10 minutes. Sounds great, right!
This one is a hit with kids and even adults crave for it. when you cannot have proper donuts or do not wish to have a calorie rich treat, apple donuts are what you need!
- 1 apple
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate spread
- Chocolate chips
- Remove the pip of the apple.
- Cut circular slices of it.
- As per your liking, smear a generous amount of peanut butter, chocolate spread, jam or cream on the apple slices, or a combination of any 2 to 3 of these, or even all four and top the donut with chocolate chips and sprinkles. Tada! Your apple donuts are ready.
Olive and Cheese Pita Pizza
When you want a delicious pizza this very instant, make this easy version of it. it is likely to make your kids fall in love with you even more.
- Pita or shawarma bread or bread slices
- Cheddar cheese
- Tomato ketchup
- Warm up bread slices, shawarma bread or pita in a pan on the stove.
- Take it off and put it on a plate. Smear ketchup on the slice.
- Add sausages, olives, mushrooms and any of your other favorite toppings to the bread.
- Top it with cheese, oregano and pepper flakes.
- Microwave it for 2 to 5 minutes depending on how big the slice/ shawarma bread is and enjoy!
When all you want is a crunchy, delicious snack, crispy chicken wings is what you should make.
- 4 to 6 pieces of chicken wings
- 1 egg
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of flour (maida)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bread crumbs
- Soy sauce
- Pour about 5 tablespoons of soy sauce in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to it and mix well.
- Toss in the raw chicken wings in the mixture and marinate them. Let them sit in the mixture for about 30 minutes.
- Combine flour, egg and salt and pepper as per your taste together and mix them well.
- After half an hour, take the wings and dip in the egg and flour mixture.
- Coat them with the bread crumbs and fry on light to medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup, mayonnaise or chili garlic sauce and enjoy.
Vegetable, Chicken and Bread Fritters
This is a lovely version of the regular fritters (pakoras) that is light, yummy and easy to prepare.
- Boiled and shredded chicken (about 250 grams)
- 1 large Shredded potato
- 1 medium sized chopped onion
- 2 to 4 Bread pieces
- 6 to 7 tablespoons of gram flour (Baisan)
- Half glass of water
- Chili powder
- Mix gram flour, water, salt and chili powder in a bowl and let the mixture sit for a while.
- Meanwhile, cut bread slices into small squares.
- Combine shredded chicken and the vegetables together and add salt and chili powder to them. Mix everything well together.
- Plop a spoonful of the chicken and veggie mixture on the bread slices and dip it in the gram flour and water mixture.
- Fry the fritters for 5 to 6 minutes on low to medium heat.
Banana and Yogurt Pops
This one is a super-quick and fun recipe that everyone can enjoy. It goes really well with pool parties.
- Ice cream sticks
- 2 to 4 Frozen bananas
- Freeze banana pieces for at least 2 hours.
- Put one piece each on an ice cream stick.
- Dip in yogurt; make sure the yogurt is cool enough.
- Add sprinkles to the banana yogurt pops and relish in its goodness.
Do try these recipes and let us know how they worked out for you and your kids.